Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good Reads

Lately, I have been trying to read again more as a hobby. I don't really listen to my ipod no more on the train for several reasons, so reading keeps me occupied and even right before I go to bed usually. Anyways last week, I read two great books that I feel I should share with you guys.

The first book I read was a book many of you guys may heard of by Steve Harvey Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man. This book is based on relationships and was actually No. 1 on New York Times Hardcover Advice Best-Seller. It's somewhat of a fast read and probably won't take you forever to read. It was actually good and some parts actually made me laughed.
Another great book I read last week was called The Shawl by Cynthia Ozick. This was a good book my kind Jewish friend lend to me. It's a fiction short story about a woman who survived the Holocaust but who has no life in the present because her existence was stolen away from her in a past that does not end. This book is short, but in the very beginning it's important to read each word carefully. Overall, this was a great read!