Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Brooklyn Hip-Hop Festival

This past weekend it was a celebration of Hip-Hop in Brooklyn. The festivities and the culture of Hip Hop was all celebrated by many Hip-Hop lovers from all ages to all races. This happened to be the 6th annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival, in which Brooklyn Bodega continues to bring to Dumbo, Brooklyn every year so far.
There were great performances from new artists like Curren$y and Fashawn, to performances from Hip Hop legends like Pete Rock and CL Smooth. While time had wined down, the crowd was ready to see the headliners of the show De La Soul who put on a GREAT PERFORMANCE!
Although, I worked with a friend Rhonesha (who you guys probably heard of by now) throughout the festival doing some press I enjoyed myself. I think this added to the experience because not only did I learn how work the camera, as if I was a NBC cameraman (haha), but I got a chance to interact and hear from Hip Hop fans, along with Hip Hop legends and upcoming artists. Oh yea, I have a bigger respect for journalist, as well as others who are part of the press because of this experience. If I told y'all what we went through to get some interviews or just to get backstage....you would too! I think our best achievement was finally getting backstage and getting Uncle Ralph off the stage for a interview, which had wrapped up our long day!Despite the rain and humidity throughout the day, the festival was great! I look forward to next year and the year after. This event is a classic event that screams Hip Hop, but shows the true Brooklyn beauty as it is held underneath the Brooklyn Bridge!
To see part of Rhonesha's project checkout: NBC Blog. I will keep you guys updated when the video is released.